All of our retreats take place at the beautiful four star Hotel Riu Vallarta in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico, a hub of tourist activity, popular for its charm and style.
The Riu Vallarta is decorated in modern Art Deco architecture and includes all the facilities you would expect in a luxury vacation resort such as two fresh water swimming pools, swim-up bar, solarium, terrace, gym, jacuzzi, sauna and the well-appointed Renova Spa and Wellness centre.
The hotel is an all-inclusive so you needn’t worry about the extra costs of food, drink and activities, it’s all here and available to you 24 hours a day with an extensive list of restaurants and bars right on the premises. Located on beautiful Banderas Bay, there’s plenty of water sports, and beach and leisure activities. If it’s nightlife you crave, The Hotel Riu is home to the “Pacha” club where you can dance away the night to all the best music or take in one of our nightly shows.
Click on the tabs below for a full list of hotel features and amenities.
Due to government legislation, all cash payments made to the Hotel Riu Vallarta must be made in Mexican pesos. We are unable to accept US dollars. We are also unable to provide currency exchange services in USD within the resort. We are proud to be able to continue to accept traveler cheques and/or credit cards in USD and other international currencies. There is an ATM located on the premises from which you can withdraw Mexican Pesos.
Please note: Under Mexican legislation smoking is not permitted in the hotel except outdoors.
- “Don Rafael” restaurant with terrace
- “Sir George” gourmet restaurant
- “Nirvana” Asian restaurant
- “Flamingo” beach restaurant/grill and steakhouse with terrace
- “La Boheme” lounge bar with terrace
- “Astoria” lobby bar
- Sports bar (open 24 hrs., all inclusive service)
- “La Plaza” bar
- “Mezcal” poolside bar with swim-up bar
Formal dress is required for dinner (main restaurant: T Shirts with sleeves for gentlemen; theme restaurants: long trousers and T Shirts with sleeves for gentlemen)
- Complimentary gym, sauna and jacuzzi
- Two swimming pools (788 and 711 sq. metres), with adjoining jacuzzi
- Children’s swimming pool
- Complimentary sun loungers, towels and parasols by the pool area
- Sun terrace
- Boutique, kiosk/gift shop
- Use of computers with internet access (additional charge)
- Free Wi-Fi in the lobby for 90 consecutive minutes per day
- Wi-Fi in rooms at a charge
All meals and snacks:
- Full American breakfast buffet and on the spot cooking stations
- Continental breakfast/snack
- Hot and cold buffet and on the spot cooking stations
- Pizzas, pasta, salads and assorted desserts
Dinner (“Don Rafael” restaurant):
- Buffets and on the spot cooking stations
- Theme buffets (twice a week)
Optional dining (reservations required in advance):
- “Sir George” gourmet restaurant (à la carte)
- “Nirvana” Asian restaurant (buffet)
- Grill and steakhouse (à la carte; buffet starters and dessert)
Sports and activities:
- Volleyball, table tennis, workout, gym
- Sauna and jacuzzi
- Windsurfing, catamaran, kayaking, body board
- 1 introductory scuba diving lesson in the pool
- Daytime entertainment programme for children ages 4 to 7 and ages 8 to 12 at RiuLand (daily)
- Daytime entertainment programme for adults (daily)
- Riu evening programme, shows or live music (daily)
- Complimentary entrance to “Pacha” night club and drinks (open six nights a week)
- Assorted water sports available
- Horse riding and bicycle hire
- 18-hole golf course
Please note: there may be additional charges to participate in these activities.